Another conversion_status : failed

Hello,

Get the irritating “conversion_status : failed” message on a Ubuntu 16 Droplet. I get the same message using the distro ffmpeg:

/usr/bin/ffmpeg
ffmpeg version 3.4.4-1~16.04.york0 Copyright © 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 5.4.0 (Ubuntu 5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.10) 20160609
configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=‘1~16.04.york0’ --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared

or

compiled ffmpeg:

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
ffmpeg version N-92272-g0e9c01f Copyright © 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
configuration: --enable-nonfree --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --enable-libfdk-aac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libvpx

The files are upload to /tmp, and the thumbnails are create … I have know idea what happens to the files after that … they aren’t in originals, conversion_queue or in videos … where are the uploaded files moved to or are they deleted upon failure, if so why?

What is the conversion command used so I can command line enter it to get the error so I can fix the problem? Is conversion_status : failed the only message outputed or is there more in which CB does not capture (print), if so, why isn’t the whole error printed to the log?

There are a bunch of the same Topics over the years, but, I have yet to find one with the correct answer. And I have gone through countless number of searches’pages and “try this or that” … same results.

I would appreciate any help others can provide to get this finally solved … once I get the Open Source CB working, will I have the same issue / irritation with a purchased version (either VOD or Enterprise)?

Thanks much!

I finally got it to work … not sure how … anyway, I did:

make clean
./configure --enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk_aac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libfreetype --enable-gpl

and got:

/usr/local/bin/ffmpeg
ffmpeg version N-92272-g0e9c01f Copyright © 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
configuration: --enable-nonfree --enable-libfdk_aac --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopus --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libfreetype --enable-gpl

Now my next question: will this handle “clips” that are more like “movies” with file sizes of 3GB … my test clips are only 10MB and I got one that is still processing … it’s only 90MB?

For processing videos of such sizes, you will have to make sure that your server and processor are alos up to the task and you will have to set all your server and php.ini settings accordingly.

Thanks for the reply. Can you please share with me the configuration (server setup) for tune.pk?

The site is mentioned to be using ClipBucket and has millions of videos, users and lots to traffic/views.

Tune.pk is a very big site, they have hundreds of servers and a huge infrastructure to handle such traffic and videos, so it’s not just the configurations. They have also made a lot of customizations to the code.