ClipBucket and Vodlix are now working as one

Dear ClipBucket Community,

We are pleased to announce that ClipBucket and Vodlix are now officially operating as one. Over the past decade, ClipBucket has been working to provide an out of the box OTT delivery solution and with Vodlix we have found a great partner that offered us the resources to reach unexplored markets and extend our solution to all the popular OTT platforms like Roku, FireStick, TizenOS, and WebOS along with our solution for Android TV, Apple TV. We appreciate your confidence and support for ClipBucket. As the leader in video streaming and OTT solution, we pledge our continued commitment to enabling your success and delivering the benefits we expect from this merger.

For ClipBucket it will always be about the customer. Our goal is 100% customer satisfaction. We are dedicated to increasing the quality of support you have come to expect from ClipBucket and Vodlix without interruption. All support procedures, announced support timelines, and contacts for ClipBucket and Vodlix services remain unchanged, so please continue to use the same channels you’ve been using. In addition, your sales and services contacts remain the same and will be reaching out to you to address any questions you may have. We also encourage new customers to reach us for sharing information and expertise.

ClipBucket is, and will keep it’s Community Edition open source.

Thank you for your continued support.

1 Like

Hello Aliawancb and all CB developers,

First, I would like to thank you for your great software that was very useful to some university projects here. Your involvement for more than 10 years say a lot about your commitment to the project and to your users, and the result of it is a very strong achievement.

About the merger, I know that I don’t have every information that could allow me to understand the big picture, but if I can be totally honest, I’m a bit worried.

Let me state the information that I could find on the internet about the merger…

• Vodlix list ClipBucket as a competitor : https://vodlix.com/vodlix-vs-clipbucket/
  • On this page, Voidlix list the “opensource” nature of clipbucket as a weakness (listing security as an issue, ignoring the fact that the clipbucket community was a contributor to a reasonable number of reports and patches in that regard)

What I worry about is:

• What is for Vodlix the motivation to keep clipbucket development alive if it’s a competitor ?
  • Have you resolved the issue of a potential hostility about opensource or other possible similar corporate culture mismatch ?
  • In making this deal, did Vodlix express interest about the development timeline ? product overlap and complementarity ? dedicated resources and maintenance cost of clipbucket ? If anything about that will shape the future of clipbucket, is there any information you can share with the community ?
  • In making this deal, at what point where you able to have a strong confirmation that this is not a client-list buyout deal ?

We are not owed any answers, but since you have been very open and very community-friendly I see no harm in asking. If this deal was made with the priority of helping the developers and developer’s family financially without emphasis on resolving the questions above, I would perfectly understand but I rather know where we are standing :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Stephane

1 Like

Hello Stephane,

Thank you for sharing all these concerns, As you know that the OTT market has evolved a lot recently and the potential market has expanded from basic webmasters to content producers and film distributors, and ClipBucket on its own wasn’t able to explore this market. Whereas Vodlix had all the resources and believed in our solution. Vodlix’s solution is now based on Clipbucket but with a lot of additional features and apps, So they aren’t just buying out our clients but extending our solution as well, the development for this has been going on for more than a year and now we have native apps for Android, iOS, Apple TV, Android TV, Roku, Tizen OS etc.

Regarding the Opensource version, due to our ongoing premium versions, we weren’t able to do any updates for the community version since 2019, we will not be able to offer the API and other OTT apps for the community version but there will some updates in future.

Thank you,

Kind Regards.

1 Like